The sequences sender score measures the quality and effectiveness of your sequences emails. The sender score is calculated based on the reply rate and bounce rate of the emails in the sequence. Use the sender score to monitor your team’s sending behavior and how well contacts are engaging with your emails. A good sender score also helps protect your company’s domain reputation.
You can find the sender score in your reports library.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
- Click Report library.
- In the upper right, search for sequence sender score.
- Locate the Sequence sender score report, then click Save report. In the right panel:
- Enter a name for the report.
- If you choose to add the report to a dashboard, select an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
- Click Save & add.
- Navigate to your dashboard to view the sender score report. You'll see a sender score listed for each user in your account, including the total number of ended sequences, reply rate, and bounce rate.
- Ended sequences: number of individual sequences that have ended, with or without a response.
- Reply rate: contacts who replied to any email in a sequence at least once (excludes bounces). A good reply rate is between 7% and 13%.
- Bounce rate: contacts who didn’t receive an email in your sequence because it was returned by the server. A good bounce rate is less than 3%.
- To view a breakdown of the sender score by individual sequence, click a metric next to a user's sender score. You can then view the user's sender score for each specific sequence, as long as there are more than 100 ended sequence enrollments for that sequence.
Your sender score is calculated based on the email reply rate and bounce rate. HubSpot assigns a score to your reply rate and bounce rate, then the total of those two scores equals your sender score. There is a range of scores, from Low to Excellent.
To improve your sender score, you need to improve your sequence email reply rate, bounce rate, or both. To improve your reply rate:
- Add personalization tokens to the sales email templates in your sequences. When you send sequences emails to a contact, these tokens will populate with known information about the contact.
- Segment your contacts into saved filters, then tailor sequence emails to the contacts in each filter.
- Add relevant content to the recipient's business or industry, such as a recent blog post or case study.
To improve your bounce rate:
Create saved filters of unengaged contacts and to identify which contacts are not likely to engage with your sequences emails.
Remove contacts that have hard bounced from your account.
Don't send to contacts who have asked you not to contact them.
Learn more about improving your sales email content.