After you've connected your Google Ads account or Facebook ad account, you can create events that will sync your CRM lifecycle stage changes to your ad account. This will allow the ad network to optimize the delivery of your ads.
To create an event:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the upper right, click Create event.
- In the dialog box, customize the details for your event:
- Select the ad account you want to sync the event to.
- Select the lifecycle stage for the event.
- Specify a value for your event:
- If you want to default the event's value to whatever the value of the associated deal is, select Use the Deal amount. If you opt for this option, you'll still need to enter a default value to use for deals that have no value attached.
- If you want to enter a custom value for the lifecycle event change, select Use a custom value, then enter a value.
- If you're creating an event for one of your Google Ads accounts, you can select the Include in Conversions checkbox to include the CRM lifecycle event in your Google Ads Conversions column. This will also inform Google about which conversions to optimize for in campaigns using an automated bidding strategy. You can learn more about how this feature works in Google's documentation.
- Enter a name for your event.
- Click Create.
After you've created an event, it will appear under the Events tab on your Ads dashboard.
Review your events in your ad account
Both Google and Facebook will use the CRM lifecycle data from your HubSpot account to help optimize the delivery of your ads on their networks. You'll also be able to report on the value of your CRM lifecycle event changes from within your Google Ads account and Facebook Ads Manager.
View events in your Google Ads account
The CRM lifecycle event changes will sync to your Google Ads account as Conversion Actions, which Google will use to optimize its bidding strategy for your ads. To view the events you created in HubSpot in your Google Ads account:
- Navigate and sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the upper right, click Tools & Settings.
- In the dropdown menu, under Measurement, click Conversions.
View events in your Facebook Business Manager
The CRM lifecycle event changes will sync to your Facebook ad account as Offline Events, which Facebook will use to optimize your ads and supplement your ads reporting in Facebook Ads Manager. To view the events you created in HubSpot in Facebook ad account:
- In your Facebook Business Manager, navigate to the Events Manager.
- In the upper left, click the ad account dropdown menu and select the ad account that you used to create an event in HubSpot.
- In the Data Sources section, locate the HubSpot Offline Conversion Events event set. Whenever the CRM lifecycle event that you configured when you created the event in HubSpot occurs, HubSpot will sync that data to the event set in Facebook.