Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your account and data. If you are a Super Admin, or have permissions to edit account defaults, you can require every user in your account to use two-factor authentication.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Account Defaults.
- In the Security section on the General Info tab, click to toggle the Require Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) switch on.
- In the dialog box, select Yes.
Please note: once the switch is toggled on, the requirement will only enacted after 24 hours. The 24 hours is a grace period for any users who have not set up their two-factor authentication method to do so.
Every user in the account will receive an email notification to enable two-factor authentication in their account.
- Users who already have set up their two-factor authentication methods will be reminded to generate back-up codes.
- Users who have not set up their two-factor authentication method will be directed to set it up via a CTA in the email. They have 24 hours to enable it, or they will be asked to set it up the next time they log in to HubSpot.