HubSpot CRM can show you slices of your Contacts based on certain criteria so you can easily view only the data that matters to you for prospecting. You can use the sidebar on the left side of your screen to add a filter for any property on that object. Please note though, each filter is added constructively ("AND" not “OR”).
Creating and saving views
There are two steps for creating custom views in HubSpot CRM: filtering your data using any property on that object, and customizing the columns in the view.
- Navigate to Contacts, Companies, or Deals.
- Click on the Add filter option on the left sidebar.
- Choose the properties and criteria to segment your view. You can find more information on this process here.
- To change the displayed columns in a view, click on the Actions dropdown in the top right corner and select Edit Columns.
- In the dialog box, search or browse for the property you'd like to add and check the box to the left of it to add it to your view. You can also drag and drop properties in the Selected Columns section to change the order, then click Save changes.
- Once you've set up your filters and made any changes to the selected columns, click Save.
- In the dialog box, name your view and decide whether or not you'd like it to be shared with your team.
- Click Save.
An example of an advanced view
There are many ways that you can slice and dice your data. Most of the time though, sales reps just want to know who they should be reaching out to that day. The view below is an example view that a sales rep could create to see which Contacts look promising.
For this sample view, we only want to see contacts that:
- Are Leads in your CRM
- Are owned by your user
- Haven't been contacted in the last week
- Have been contacted less than two times already
- Do not have any deals already associated with them
To create this view:
- Navigate to Contacts.
- Click Add Filter.
- Search for Lifecycle Stage then click on the is any of dropdown and choose Lead.
- Repeat the above steps and search for the other properties based on the criteria above.
This view only uses default HubSpot properties (which you can use too), but feel free to include any custom properties that you have added to the contact object.
If you are also a HubSpot Marketing customer, you can use any default or custom Contact properties you create in the Marketing tool in your CRM views. For example, you can filter by Recent Conversion, a default contact property in the Marketing tool, to create a view to show contacts that have filled out a form.
Useful properties you can use in your views:
There are a lot of default properties that HubSpot populate automatically for you based on user actions on the contact, company, or deal record. These default properties can be really useful when filtering your records! Examples of these properties include:
- Lifecycle Stage
- HubSpot Owner
- Last Contacted
- Number of times contacted
- Associated Deals
- Total Revenue
- Associated Company
- Next Activity Date
- Last Activity Date
- Became a Customer/Lead/MQL/SQL date
- Days to close
- Recent Sales Email Clicked Date (Sales Professional Only)
- Recent Sales Email Opened Date
- Recent Sales Email Replied Date
For a full list of HubSpot's default contact properties, click here.