Follow the steps below to remove all ineligible contacts from your HubSpot account.
Export unsubscribes and bounces
- Navigate to Content > Email
- Click Export unsubscribes and bounces.
- Enter your email address and request the file. Check the box next to Include global unsubscribes and bounces if you want to include contacts that have bounced in other HubSpot accounts as well.
- You will receive the CSV file in your inbox shortly.
Please note: this file will also include any email addresses that were previously imported as part of opt-out lists. Later in this process, you'll be reimporting this list so you can delete all of these contacts. If you do not intend to delete the entire list, be aware that importing it may create new contacts.
- Open this CSV and delete all columns except Recipient.
- Change the Recipient column header to Email so that HubSpot automatically maps to the Email property on import.
Reimport and delete contacts in the list
- Navigate to Contacts > Lists, then click the Imports button in the top right.
- Click Import contacts and choose the CSV file you just edited.
- Name your list and complete the import.
- Once imported, navigate to Contacts > Lists again.
- Click on the new list you just imported.
- Check the box in the header row to select all of the contacts on the first page of your list. Click select all to select all contacts in the list.
- Click the Delete to remove all the contacts on this list from your portal.