HubSpot's blog draft mode provides a focused, collaborative setting for you and your team when writing new blog posts. Draft mode offers a minimal platform that helps you to focus on the content of your blog post before optimizing and publishing.
Take a look at the sets of instructions below to learn how to create a new draft, add your content, and collaborate with your team.
Compose a new blog post
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Blog.
- Click Create blog post in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the pop-up window that appears, choose Draft Mode.
- You'll be taken into the composer area. Click into the text area to begin writing your blog post, or click Choose a Google Doc to import an existing draft from Google Drive.
- Note that there's a small bar at the top to provide some basic formatting options, including bolding, italics, headers, quotations, and links. This area also provides a word count.
Add content to your draft
- To quickly add content to your draft, click the plus icon + that appears on the left side of your content:
- Select Image to add media from your file manager. In the right sidebar, click on a file to insert it. You can also click Add image in the lower left-hand corner to upload a new image or insert a file URL.
- Select Collect to insert a clip saved with the HubSpot Collect Chrome extension. Select the clip, then click Insert. You can learn more about how to set up HubSpot Collect and insert a clip here.
Collaborating with your team in blog composer
- Click Share in the top right-hand corner to share your composition with your teammates. You'll be provided a direct link you can Copy for sharing as well as Add collaborators to work on the composition with you.
- To collaborate with your teammate in the composition, highlight a string of content and click Add a comment. Leave a comment (including any @mention to a teammate within the comment) and then click Send.
- To access existing conversations, hover over the right side of your content and click on any comment icons comments that appear to dive into specific conversations. Enter a Reply and click Send to continue the conversation.
Move to blog
- When you're done composing, within your draft, click Next to move your draft into the Edit tab for formatting and final touches before publishing.
Please note: after you click Next to move a draft into edit mode, you cannot move it back to draft mode.