- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Email service provider.
- FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- LNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE2 must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE(x) must be provided - Please enter a value
These errors occur because the MailChimp list has required merge tags for which HubSpot doesn't send a value. HubSpot will always push email addresses to MailChimp since the email address for a contact is always known. If your forms include a first and last name field, HubSpot should capture this information and send it to MailChimp as well.
To resolve these errors:
- Log in to MailChimp and locate the list your pop-up form or non-HubSpot form is connected to.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Settings > List fields and *|MERGE|* tags. The value in the Put this tag in your content column will correspond with the error reported in HubSpot.
- Clear the corresponding Required? checkbox to allow HubSpot to push information to this list.
- In the bottom left, click Save Changes.