By default, contacts may only be enrolled in workflows the first time they meet the workflow starting conditions or are enrolled manually. Using reenrollment criteria, you can allow contacts to be enrolled in your workflows any time one of the reenrollment actions occur. To set up the reenrollment crtieria:
- Navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click the name of a workflow.
- Click the enrollment criteria icon.
- Click Change enrollment options.
- Select the checkbox next to Allow contacts who meet the enrollment criteria to reenroll when any one of the following occurs and choose which criteria you'd like to trigger a contact's reenrollment in the workflow.
- After making the necessary edits, click Done, then Save.
There are a few things to note about how the reenrollment criteria work:
- The contact must meet the starting conditions at the time they meet the reenrollment criteria in order for them to be reenrolled in the workflow. If they meet the reenrollment criteria but no longer meet the starting conditions, the contact will not be reenrolled.
- If you select more than one reenrollment criterion, then each of those criteria can trigger enrollment independently; the contact does not need to meet all of the reenrollment criteria in order to be reenrolled.
- Looking at the example in the screenshot above, if a contact has already been enrolled in and completed the workflow, and they submit on the Contact Us form again, they will be reenrolled in the workflow as long as they meet the starting criteria at the time they perform those reenrollment actions.
- By default, once you've chosen to allow contacts to be reenrolled, contacts are automatically eligible to be reenrolled manually. Contacts who are manually enrolled in workflows do not have to meet the starting conditions to be enrolled. There is no way to turn this off.
- Contacts cannot be enrolled in a workflow more than once at a time, so if a contact is already active in a workflow when they meet the reenrollment criteria, they will not be reenrolled again.
- Contacts cannot be reenrolled based on company or deal property criteria.
- When a contact is reenrolled, they will always start the workflow at the beginning. They will complete all actions and receive any automated emails again.