The Draft editor provides a focused and collaborative setting for you to start working on your blog content. You can connect your Google account with HubSpot to import an existing Google Doc into the Draft editor. Learn how to create a new post in the Draft editor and collaborate with your teammates on your content.
Create a new blog post
Please note: the first time you import a Google Doc in the Draft editor, you'll be prompted to sign in and connect your Google account to HubSpot.To create new blog content in the Draft editor:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog.
- Click Create blog post.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Draft and comment mode or upload from Google doc.
- To create a new post from scratch, enter a blog post title and begin writing your content. To import a Google Doc:
- Click Choose a Google Doc. If you need to sign into your Google account, click Continue. Then click Accept and connect to Google.
- Select the Google doc you want to import into HubSpot. Then click Select.
Edit blog content
Edit your blog content within the Draft editor.
- There's a simple toolbar with basic text formatting options.
- You can insert links, images, or click Insert > Video to add HubSpot Video to your blog content.
- To view revisions to your blog post, click the bulletList bullet list icon in the upper right. Select the revision you want to restore, then click Revert.
Collaborate with your team
To share a draft of your blog post with a member of your team:
- In the upper right, click Share.
- Click Copy to copy a link to this draft your clipboard.
- Click the Add collaborators dropdown menu, select your teammates, then click Add. Your teammates will get an email inviting them to collaborate with you on this blog post.
To add comments or start a conversation with your team:
- Highlight your content in the editor and click comments Add a comment.
- Enter your comment, then click Send. You can @mention one of your teammate in HubSpot to send them an email notification to view the conversation.
- To view existing comments, click the comments comment icon on the right side of the editor. To send a reply, enter your comment and click Send.
Get ready to publish
When you're ready to publish your content, click Next to move your blog post draft into inline Edit mode.
Please note: after you move your draft into inline Edit mode, you cannot move it back to Draft mode.