You can review your current and historical email sending reputation using the email health dashboard. Review the key metrics of your marketing email performance, including your overall open rate, click-through rate, unsubscribe rate, and hard bounce rate, and get recommendations on how to improve your deliverability and performance.
- You must meet a threshold of 400 emails sent in the last 30 days to view the email health dashboard.
- The email health reports and engagement breakdowns do not include the last 48 hours of data.
- If you purchased the transactional email add-on, the email health dashboard will also include the performance of any transactional emails you've sent.
Review your email sending health
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click the Health tab.
- Your email health data is split into several different reports, to allow you analyze a snapshot of your current sending health, review historical trends, and determine whether your aggregate email metrics are on track.
- The Overall email health section provides a summary of your email deliverability performance. In the top right, click Overtime to view a report of your email health score over time.
- The Top recommendations for you section provides you with a list of your lowest and highest performing emails, which you can review to identify the best opportunities for improvement. Based on your recent engagement history, HubSpot will also provide recommendations that you can prioritize as you iterate on your email sending strategy.
- To filter the data shown on the dashboard, click the dropdown menus at the top of the page:
- Business Unit: if you've purchased the Business Units add-on, you can analyze sending data for a specific business unit.
- Campaigns: if you have a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account, you can review email health data by campaign. When filtering by campaign, the dashboard will display data from the full lifetime of the campaign, rather than a specified time range.
- Industry: you can compare how your email health compares to other businesses in your industry.
Please note: comparing email health by industry is only available for some industries.
Analyze breakdowns of your email health metrics
The Email health breakdown section provides summaries of each metric that contributes to your overall email sending reputation.
- Open rate: if you've enabled email open tracking, you can see the overall percentage of email recipients who opened your email.
- Click-through rate: if you've enabled email click tracking, your overall click-through rate is the percentage of people who clicked on a link in your email, out of the total number of recipients who opened your email.
- Hard bounce rate: your hard bounce rate is the percentage of emails that HubSpot couldn't deliver due to an issue reported by the recipients email server. Learn more about hard bounces.
- Unsubscribe rate: your unsubscribe rate is the percentage of people who chose to unsubscribe from your marketing emails, out of the total number of recipients who were delivered your email.
- Spam report rate: your spam report rate is the percentage of people who marked an email as spam out of the total number of recipients who were delivered your email.
To view and analyze a detailed breakdown of each metric:
- Beneath the metric you'd like to analyze, click See details.
- In the breakdown view, you'll see a detailed explanation of what the metric means, why it's important, recommendations to help you improve your deliverability, and a report of that metric over the last 12 months.
- Once you're done reviewing the details and recommendations, you can click Email health breakdown in the top left to return to the summary view.