Navigate to ContactsIn your Sales account, select Contacts.
Click Add filter in the left sidebar to begin creating your custom saved filter. You'll be able to segment your contacts based on any default or custom contact properties. Search for the property you'd like to use in your filter or browse by scrolling in the sidebar.
In this example, we're going to create a lead follow-up saved filter. We'll use the Lifecycle Stage, Lead Status, and Last Contacted properties to show us open leads who haven't been contacted since last week.
Set filter criteria
Once you've found the property you'd like to use to filter your contacts, click on it within the sidebar to set the criteria for that property. We'll start in this example with Lifecycle Stage. In this case, we want to filter for contacts whose Lifecycle Stage is Lead so we'll select the is any of radio button, then choose Lead from the dropdown.
Click Apply filter.
We'll do the same for Lead Status, setting the criteria to is any of and then choosing Open Deal from the dropdown. Since Last Contacted is a date property, the criteria options will be slightly different. In this case, we'll select the is radio button and then choose Last week from the dropdown.
Save your filters
Once you've applied your filters, you can save them to create a saved filter so you can always return to it and, in our example, quickly see which leads haven't been contacted in the last week and may need some follow-up. Click Save.
Give the saved filter a name and decide whether or not you'd like to make this view accessible to your team members or everyone, and then click Save.
You can now return to this saved filter at any time from the dropdown in the left sidebar of the Contacts page.
Saved filter options
There are a few actions you can take from your saved filter, all of which are available in the Options dropdown in the left sidebar:
- Add to favorites: this will pin the saved filter to the left sidebar so you can easily click into it when navigating to Contacts.
- Create report (Reporting add-on only): if you have the Reporting add-on, this allows you to create a report based on the segmentation applied to the current saved filter.
- Clone: this will clone the current saved filter so you can save a modified version.
- Delete: this deletes the current saved filter and removes it from your All saved filters screen.
- Export: this allows you to export a CSV file of the contacts in the current saved filter.
- Make default: this will set the current saved filter as the default when you navigate to Contacts.
- Manage sharing: this allows you to make the saved filter private, accessible to your team, or accessible to everyone.
- Rename: this allows you to edit the name of the current saved filter.