Navigate to Contacts
From your CRM Dashboard, navigate to Contacts.
Filter contacts by...
Click Add filter in the left sidebar to begin creating your custom view. You'll be able to segment your contacts based on any default or custom contact properties. Search for the property you'd like to use in your filter or browse by scrolling in the sidebar.
In this example, we're going to create a lead follow up view. We'll use the Lifecycle Stage, Lead Status, and Last Contacted properties to show us open leads who haven't been contacted since last week.
Set filter criteria
Once you've found the property you'd like to use to filter your contacts, click on it within the sidebar to set the criteria for that property. We'll start in this example with Lifecycle Stage. In this case, we want to filter for contacts whose Lifecycle Stage is Lead so we'll select the is any of radio button, then choose Lead from the dropdown.
Click Apply filter to set this filter for your view.
We'll do the same for Lead Status, setting the criteria to is any of and then choosing Open Deal from the dropdown. Since Last Contacted is a date property, the criteria options will be slightly different. In this case, we'll select the is radio button and then choose Last week from the dropdown.
Save your view
Once you've applied your filters, you can save this view so that you can always return to it and, in our example, quickly see which leads haven't been contacted in the last week and may need some follow up. Click Save.
Give the view a name and decide whether or not you'd like to make this view accessible to your team members, then click Save.
You can now return to this view at any time from the dropdown in the left sidebar of the Contacts page.
There are a few actions you can take from your views, all of which are available in the Options dropdown in the left sidebar:
- Clone this view: this will clone the current view so you can save a modified version.
- Make this view default: this will set the current view as the default when you navigate to Contacts.
- Export all in view: this allows you to export a .csv file of the contacts in the current view.
- Share/Unshare: this allows you to make the view accessible to the rest of your team or vice versa.
- Rename this view: this allows you to edit the name of the current view.
- Create report from view (Reporting add-on only): if you have the Reporting add-on, this allows you to create a report based on the segmentation applied to the current view.
- Delete this view: this deletes the current view and removes it from the view dropdown.