You can add contacts to a static list from the individual contact record or using a workflow (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only), and remove contacts from a static list directly from the list itself.
Add a single contact to a static list on the contact record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact to add to a static list.
- In the List memberships card, click Manage list memberships.
- Click the Search for a static list dropdown menu and select the static list to add the contact to, then click Add [contact name] to this list.
Add an existing list to a static list using a workflow (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In the upper right, click Create workflow.
- Select Start from scratch, then click Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment triggers.
- In the right panel, select List memberships.
- Select the static list, then click Apply filter. Then click Save.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add an action.
- In the right panel, select Add to a static list.
- Click the Choose a static list dropdown menu and select the list, then click Save.
- In the upper right, click Review.
- In the Existing contacts section, select Yes, enroll existing contacts who meet the trigger as of now.
- In the upper right, click Turn on.
Remove contacts from a static list
Please note: contacts cannot be manually added or deleted from active lists because they dynamically update based on the list criteria. Check out our Community post for a workaround.
Removing contacts from a static list does not delete them from your HubSpot portal. Learn more about permanently deleting contacts in a list.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the name of the static list.
- Select the checkbox next to the contacts to remove from the list.
- At the top of the table, click Remove from list.
- In the dialog box, click Remove to confirm.