The reports list lets you manage all default reports in your account and any custom reports that you create.
Please note: there are limits on the number of custom reports you may have depending on your subscription. Learn more about these limits in the HubSpot Product & Services Catalog.
- In the upper right, click Create custom report.
- In the left panel, select Attribution.
- Select Contacts, then click Next in the top right.
- Click the pencil icon edit iito name your report.
- On the left, click the List dropdown menu to select a list of contacts for your report. By default, All contacts will be selected.
- Click the Date property dropdown menu and select a date property. By default, the report will use the Create Date property to analyze a contact's first conversion on a form.
Please note: date picker properties won’t appear in the Date property dropdown menu. Only datetime properties can be used to measure attribution, as they store time values in addition to date. Learn more about the difference between date picker properties and datetime properties.
- Click the Date range dropdown menu to set the date range for your report. By default, the report will be set up to report on interactions from All time.
- At the top, click the Visualization tab to customize your attribution report.
- Under Choose chart type, select Bar, Column, or Table. Learn more about chart styles.
- Click the Metric dropdown menu to choose a metric to show in your visualization:
- Contacts assisted: the number of contacts that viewed your website through a particular touch point before converting. For the All Interactions, First and Last, or Simple Decay attribution models, contacts can be assisted by multiple touch points. For the other models, contacts are assisted by a single touch point. This number includes conversions that occur on the attributed page itself.
- % of contacts: the percentage of the total number of contacts assisted by the attribution object in your report. For the All Interactions, First and Last, or Simple Decay attribution models, contacts can be assisted by multiple touch points. As a result, adding together the values in the % of Contacts column may exceed 100%.
- Score / 100: the score is calculated out of 100 points that are evenly distributed across all the contacts assisted by the objects in your report. If a contact's influenced by more than one object, their score gets divided among these objects. With the Simple Decay attribution model, more recent objects get a higher percentage of this score.
Please note: no matter which metric you choose for your visualization, you'll still see data for all three of these metrics in your report.
- Click the Attribution object dropdown menu to choose an object to analyze in this attribution report:
- URL: the URL of pages on your website that contributed to the conversion.
- Referrer: the referring URLs of external pages that brought visitors to your website for the conversion.
- Source (Marketing Hub Enterprise only): the source of the contact's visit to your website that led to the conversion.
- Each attribution report has a total of 100 points, which are evenly divided among all the contacts in your report. The attribution model you choose will determine how the score is calculated for your contacts. Marketing Hub Professional users are limited to the All interactions attribution model. For Marketing Hub Enterprise users, click the Attribution model dropdown menu and select a model for your report:
- All interactions: all touch points in the conversion path share equal credit for the conversion. In this attribution model, the score for each contact is divided equally among each URL, referring URL, or source that the contact interacted with leading up to the conversion.
- First touch: the first page or source from the first visit to your site receives 100% of the score for each contact.
- Last touch: the page or source that brought the contact to your site for the visit where they converted receives 100% of the score for each contact.
- Last interaction: the last page view or source that led directly to the conversion. In this attribution model, 100% of the score for each contact will count toward that page or source.
- First and last interaction: the first and last touch points in the conversion path each receive 50% of the credit for the conversion. In this attribution model, the score for each contact will be divided equally between each page or source.
- Simple decay: the last six interactions leading up to the conversion. With this model, more weight is given to more recent pages. The points for each contact are distributed starting with the most recent at 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 6.25%, 3.125%, and 1.563%.
- Once you've chosen your filters, click Run report.
- To share your report, click Export. Use the File type dropdown menu to choose a file type for your report. Enter an email address in the email address to receive this file text field.
- When you're done building your report, click Save in the upper right.