You can use the Delay until a day or time workflow action to pause your workflow until a day of the week and/or time of day.
For example, if you're using a workflow to send a series of promotional emails, you might want certain emails to only go out on Tuesdays. You can use a Delay until a day or time action to pause delayed contacts until Tuesday at 11:00 AM. Any contacts that enter the delay will then wait until the next Tuesday at 11:00 AM before exiting the delay.
To set up this type of delay:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of a workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click the plus icon + to add a workflow action.
- In the right panel, select Delay until a day or time.
- To add days of the week to the delay, click Delay until a day of the week, then select the days. When adding multiple days to the delay, records will exit the delay on the next available day. For example, if your delay includes Monday and Thursday, any contact who enters the delay on Tuesday will be released on Thursday.
- To add a time of day to the delay, click Delay until a time of day, then select a time. If you don't add a time of day to the delay, records will exit the delay on the set day at the same time they entered it. For example, if your delay is set to Wednesday and a contact enters the delay on Monday at 9:50 PM, they will exit the delay on Wednesday at 9:50 PM.
- To base the selected time on your HubSpot account timezone, select Use portal time zone.
- To base the selected time on the contact's time zone, select Use contact's time zone. If the contact has a value in their IP time zone property, HubSpot will use that time zone. If the contact doesn't have a value for that property, the account's time zone will be used instead.
- Click Save to add the delay to your workflow.