At this time, the free version of HubSpot CRM does not have automatic assignment rules for HubSpot Owner. HubSpot Owner can be set in one of the following ways:
Manually edit individual contact record
- Navigate in the CRM to Contacts.
- Click on the name of the individual contact.
- In the About section, click on View all properties.
- Uncheck the Hide blank properties box and search for HubSpot Owner.
- Click the dropdown for the HubSpot Owner property and select a HubSpot Owner.
- Click Save.
Log in CRM
When using HubSpot Sales' Log in CRM feature, if an email is sent to a new contact that is logged in HubSpot, the HubSpot Owner is automatically set to the user who logged the email.
Import HubSpot Owner
- Prepare your .csv file for import.
- Add a column and add HubSpot Owner to the header row.
- Set each row of the column with the corresponding HubSpot Owner's email address for each contact.
- Navigate Contacts.
- Click the gear icon dropdown and select Import contacts.
- Complete the contact import process. For instructions on this process, check out this article.
Bulk assign contacts
You can bulk assign the HubSpot Owner for multiple CRM contacts.
- Navigate to Contacts.
- Apply any relevant filters by clicking the Add filter in the left sidebar or choose a view from the views dropdown.
- Check the boxes to the left of the contacts for which you'd like to assign ownership. To select all contacts on a page, check the select all checkbox in the header row. If you'd like to select all contacts within the view, click the Select all X contacts link.
- Click the Assign icon above the table to bulk assign your contacts.
- Click the dropdown and select a HubSpot Owner, then click Assign.
Sync record ownership between contacts and companies
The HubSpot CRM also includes a default setting to sync owner information between Company and Contact records. This setting is located in Settings > Contacts. Read more about this here.
Please note: If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, HubSpot will match the lead or contact owner in Salesforce to the HubSpot Owner property. HubSpot will follow any assignment rules set up in Salesforce, and will sync that owner information to HubSpot
If you have a HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, you can use Workflows to automatically assign ownership based on certain starting criteria.