Contacts who have hard bounced or unsubscribed from your emails can be exported from your email dashboard, and then removed from your account.
Export unsubscribes and bounces
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- In the Manage tab on your email dashboard, click More tools > Export unsubscribes and bounces.
- In the dialog box, confirm your email address and select the Include global unsubscribes and bounces checkbox to include contacts who have permanently hard bounced for all HubSpot accounts.
- Click Export.
- You will receive the CSV file in your inbox shortly. This file includes a cumulative list of all current and previously deleted contacts who have bounced from or unsubscribed from email.
Please note: this exported file will include any email addresses that were previously deleted or imported in an opt-out list. Later in this process, you'll be reimporting this list so you can delete the ineligible contacts. If you do not intend to delete the entire list, be aware that importing it may create new contacts.
Filter your contacts
- In Excel, delete columns with data about your specific email types to keep only the following:
- Portal Bounce
- Portal Unsubscribe
- Global Bounce
- Use filters in Excel to identify Recipients that have a value of FALSE for all of the three remaining columns, and delete these contacts from the list. This will remove any contacts who have opted out of a specific email type, but did not opt out of all email communication from you.
- Save your list as a CSV file.
Please note: the HubSpot Community features a detailed tutorial about how to export your contacts and filter them in Excel to create your final list. This method is not supported by HubSpot Support.
Reimport and delete contacts in the list
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click Import.
- Click Start an import in the upper right.
- Select File from computer, then select Contacts as the file type.
- Click select a file. In the dialog box, locate and select your import file and continue the import process.
- When you return to the list of your imports, hover over your new import, click the More dropdown menu, and select New list to create a list of your imported contacts.
- Check the box in the header row to select all of the contacts on the first page of your list.
- Click Select all x contacts to select all of the contacts in your list.
- Click the More dropdown menu, then select Delete.