The HubSpot Sales extension has settings that allows you to input any IP address that you do not wish to get notifications for. This is useful for:
- Blocking your own computers or mobile devices (work, laptop, etc.)
- Blocking specific people's IP addresses
- Avoiding getting notifications when your colleagues open your emails
How to block IP addresses:
- Find your IP address:
- Go to http://whatismyip.com or http://ip4.me/. Your IP address will display at the top of the screen. Please note that if you are working remotely, this could change frequently.
- If you have an IT department, ask them. They will likely be able to provide this information.
- Call your internet provider and ask them what your IP range is.
- Find out if your internet provider can provide you with a static IP for your corporate office or home network and use that instead.
- Within HubSpot, navigate to HubSpot Sales > Settings > Email Integrations.
- Toggle to the HubSpot Extensions tab.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section > Enter your IP address(es) into the Blocked IP Addresses field.
- Click Save.
Please note: if your activity is still not being filtered, it is likely that your mobile device, computer, or company uses a dynamic IP address, which means that it consistently changes. You can continue to update the IP address in the Blocked IP Address field.
If you are receiving notifications about your activity when reading email on your mobile device, check out this article to learn how to disable notifications for the HubSpot mobile app on your iPhone.