To see a list of email addresses that have hard bounced, you'll need to export a list of all of the bounces and unsubscribed email addresses in your account. You'll then remove the unsubscribed contacts, if desired, and the deleted contacts from this export. You can then create a static list of contacts who have permanently hard bounced by reimporting this list into HubSpot.
To accomplish this, follow the steps here:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email.
- On the Manage tab, click Export unsubscribes and bounces in the left sidebar menu.
Please note: this export may contain previously deleted contacts. We'll walk through creating an All Contacts list below, which you can use to cross-check against the unsubscribes and bounces list.
- Confirm your email address or enter another email at which you'd like to receive the export in the Where should we mail the file? field.
- Click the Include global unsubscribes and bounces? checkbox to include contacts who have permanently hard bounced for all HubSpot portals.
- Click Request Unsubscribes.
- You will receive a csv file in your email to download shortly after you make the request.
- In Excel, filter out the unsubscribes:
- Filter out all contacts who have unsubscribed from all emails: Portal Unsubscribe column = TRUE.
- Filter out all contacts who have unsubscribed from at least one email type: Any [Email type] column = TRUE.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click new list.
- Name your list and choose whether you'd like it to be a smart or static list. You'll be creating a list of all of your contacts here, so it may be helpful to make it a smart list so that you always have a current list to refer back to.
- Set the criteria of your list to Create date > is known and Save. For in-depth instructions on creating this list, check out this article.
- Once your list has processed, click Export.
- Cross check the newly created All Contacts list to your Unsubscribes and Bounces list. If a contact exists on your Unsubscribes and Bounces list, but does not exist on the All Contacts list, they have been deleted in your account and do not need to be reimported. Remove these contacts from the Unsubscribes and Bounces list.
- Remove all columns from the Unsubscribes and Bounces list, except for the Recipient column.
- Reimport your Unbounces and Bounces list. Map the Recipient column to the Email property in HubSpot.