To see a list of email addresses that have hard bounced, you'll need to export a list of all of the bounced and unsubscribed email addresses in your account. You'll then remove the unsubscribed contacts, if desired, and the deleted contacts from this export. You can then create a static list of contacts who have permanently hard bounced by reimporting this list into HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email.
- On the Manage tab of your email dashboard, click More tools, then select Export unsubscribes and bounces.
Please note: this export may contain previously deleted contacts. There will be a walkthrough on creating an All Contacts list below, which you can use to cross-check against the unsubscribes and bounces list.
- In the pop-up window that appears, confirm your email address and check the Include global unsubscribes and bounces box to include contacts who have permanently hard bounced for all HubSpot portals.
- Click Export.
- You will receive a csv file in your email. Click to download the spreadsheet.
- In Excel, remove contacts who have unsubscribed from all emails or from at least one email type:
- Remove any contacts for which the value in the Portal Unsubscribe column is equal to TRUE.
- Remove any contacts for which the value in any of the [Email type] columns is equal to TRUE.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click new list.
- Name your list and choose whether you'd like it to be a smart or static list. You'll be creating a list of all of your contacts here, so it may be helpful to make it a smart list so that you always have a current list of all contacts.
- Set the criteria of your list to Create date > is known and Save. For in-depth instructions on creating this list, check out this article.
- Once your list has processed, click Export.
- Cross-check the newly created All Contacts list against your Unsubscribes and Bounces list. If a contact exists on your Unsubscribes and Bounces list, but does not exist on the All Contacts list, they have been deleted in your account and do not need to be reimported. Remove these contacts from the Unsubscribes and Bounces list.
- If you need more details about cross-checking your data in excel, check out this post.
- Remove all columns from the Unsubscribes and Bounces list, except for the Recipient column.
- Reimport your Unsubscribes and Bounces list, mapping the Recipient column to the Email property in HubSpot.
By reimporting this list, you will automatically create a static list in your account of contacts who have permanently hard bounced in the past.