You can add contacts to a static list on the individual contact record or using a workflow (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only), and remove contacts from a static list directly from the list itself.
Add a single contact to a static list on the contact record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact you'd like to add to a static list.
- Scroll down to the List memberships card on the left, then click Manage list memberships.
- Click the Search for a static list dropdown and select the static list to which you'd like to add the contact, then click Add [contact name] to this list.
Add an existing list to a static list using a workflow (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow at the upper right of the dashboard.
- Select Start from scratch, then click Create workflow at the upper right.
- Click Set enrollment triggers. In the pane that slides in on the right, select List membership.
- Choose the list that you'd like to add to your static list from the Contact is a member of list dropdown menu and click Done.
- Select the checkbox next to Enroll contacts who already meet this criteria at the bottom and click Save.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add an action.
- Select Add to a static list.
- Select the Static list to which you'd like to add your list, then click Save.
- Click Review at the upper right, then click Activate to turn the workflow on.
Remove contacts from a static list
Please note: contacts cannot be manually added or deleted from active lists because they dynamically update based on the list criteria. Check out our Community post for a workaround.
Removing contacts from a static list does not delete them from your HubSpot portal. Learn more about permanently deleting contacts in a list.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the name of the static list.
- Find the contact(s) you wish to remove from the list and select the checkbox next to their name(s).
- Click Remove from list at the top of the table.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Remove to confirm.