When composing a sales email template or a snippet, it's important to add components that are personalized based on the recipient. In templates and snippets, you can add tokens that correspond to your recipient's contact, company, deal, or ticket properties.
Please note: creating a sales template or snippet with curly brackets instead of personalization tokens causes issues with HubSpot's rendering service. Before saving your template or snippet, remove any curly brackets.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Templates or Snippets.
- Click the name of the template or snippet to edit, or create a new template or a new snippet.
- Place your cursor in the body of your template or snippet where you'd like to insert a personalization token.
- Click the Token dropdown menu.
- Click the Type dropdown to choose a property type (you can choose a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket property type). Use the search bar to enter a name of a property, and then click the property to insert the token.
Please note: if you'd like to add the name of your contact's associated company to your template or snippet, you should add the company token entitled Name (or Account Name if you are Salesforce integrated). This is different from the contact property entitled Company Name. Check out this article for more information on the difference between these two properties.