As your company grows and your sales team matures, assigning leads manually doesn’t scale. Automating lead rotation saves precious time and bandwidth, allowing sales managers to stay focused on what really matters—their team’s performance. You can automate your lead rotation in HubSpot Marketing using Workflows.
Please note: A lead rotation workflow will not assign a lead owner to a contact if that contact already has an assigned HubSpot Owner.To begin setting up your workflow, follow the instructions below:
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows and click New workflow (or select an existing workflow to edit).
- Name your workflow > select Standard as the workflow type > click Create workflow.
- Decide on your enrollment criteria (e.g. Contact Property State/Region is equal to...). If you'd like to assign ownership for contacts who already meet the criteria of your starting condition, check the box next to Enroll contacts who already meet this criteria. Click Save to save your starting conditions.
- Click the + button below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- Select Rotate leads as your action.
- From the Assign a HubSpot Owner dropdowns, select the HubSpot Owners to which you'd like to distribute your leads. As you add more HubSpot owners to the action, the percentages will automatically update to make sure that your leads are spread evenly across your team.
- Click Save.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the On/Off switch in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings and click Turn workflow on. The switch will then turn blue and tell you that your workflow is on.