Automating lead rotation saves time and bandwidth, and you can automate your lead rotation in HubSpot using workflows.
Please note: a lead rotation workflow will not assign a lead owner to a contact if that contact already has an assigned HubSpot owner. This workflow cannot be set up to evenly distribute leads among users for any custom HubSpot user field type properties.
- Navigate to Workflows:
- In your Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Click New workflow (or select an existing workflow to edit).
- Name your workflow and select Standard as the workflow type. Then click Create workflow.
- Decide on your enrollment triggers (e.g., Contact Property | State/Region | is equal to...). If you'd like to assign ownership for contacts who already meet the criteria of your starting condition, check the box next to Enroll contacts who already meet this criteria. Click Save to save your enrollment triggers.
- Click the + button below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- Select Rotate leads as your action.
- From the Assign a HubSpot owner dropdown menus, select the HubSpot owners which you'd like to distribute your leads to. As you add more HubSpot owners to the action, the percentages will automatically update to make sure that your leads are spread evenly across your team.
- Click Save.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the On/Off switch in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the dialog box, review your workflow settings and click Turn workflow on. The switch will then turn blue and tell you that your workflow is on.