Automating lead rotation saves time and bandwidth, and you can automate your lead rotation in HubSpot using workflows.
Rotating your leads with a workflow will evenly distribute incoming contacts to specified HubSpot owners. A lead rotation workflow will not assign a lead owner to a contact if that contact already has an assigned HubSpot owner. Additionally, this workflow cannot be set up to evenly distribute leads among users for any custom HubSpot user field type properties.
Please note: only users who purchased Marketing Professional or Enterprise before November 1, 2017 will have access to the Sales Professional workflow actions, including the Rotate leads action. Users who purchased Marketing Professional or Enterprise after November 1, 2017 will also need to purchase Sales Professional to gain access to the Rotate leads action.
- Navigate to Workflows:
- In your Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- From the workflows dashboard, click Create workflow in the upper right or click the name of an existing workflow.
- On this screen, enter a name for your workflow and select Start from scratch as your workflow type. Then, click Create workflow at the upper right.
- Decide on your enrollment triggers (e.g., Contact Property | State/Region | is equal to...). If you'd like to assign ownership for contacts who already meet the criteria of your starting condition, check the box next to Enroll contacts who already meet this criteria. Click Save to save your enrollment triggers.
- Click the + button below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- Select Rotate leads as your action.
- From the Assign a HubSpot owner dropdown menu, select the HubSpot owners that you'd like to distribute your leads to. As you add more HubSpot owners to the action, the percentages will automatically update to make sure that your leads are spread evenly across your team.
- Click Save.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the On/Off switch in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the dialog box, review your workflow settings and click Turn workflow on. The switch will then turn blue and show that your workflow is activated.