To send a marketing email through a workflows, you must create and save the email for automation.
You can create automated emails using either the marketing email tool, or you can create automated emails from within the workflows tool.
Create automated emails in the email editor
To create an automated email using the email tool:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- In the upper right, click Create email.
- In the dialog box, select Automated.
- Select a template.
- In the dialog box, enter an Email name and click Create email.
Please note: if you insert deal or ticket personalization tokens, the email can only be used in deal or ticket workflows respectively. Contact and company personalization tokens can be used in any workflow type.
- After composing and setting up the email, click the Sending tab.
- If you want to exclude contacts with low engagement, click the Don't send to unengaged contacts checkbox.
- If you have a Marketing Hub Enterprise account, HubSpot applies a send frequency cap by default to help prevent you from overloading a contact's inbox. To disable this setting, unselect the Apply send frequency cap checkbox.
- In the upper right, click Review and publish to publish the automated email.
Once the automated email is published, it will be available for selection in the Send email action in workflows.
Create automated emails in the workflow editor
You can create a simple automated email from within the workflow editor itself. Emails created in the workflows tool will have a basic appearance, but can be customized further in the email editor.
To create an automated email in the workflows tool:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of an existing workflow, or create a new workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click the plus icon + to add a workflow action.
- In the right panel, select the Send email action.
- Click + Create new email.
- In the right panel, enter the details of your email. To further customize the email, click the email tool link at the top of the panel.
- After composing your email, click Save email at the bottom of the right panel to save the email.
After saving your email, you can select it for use in any workflow. You can also access it from your email dashboard for further editing.
Please note: if you edit your automated email after it's been published, any changes to the graymail suppression setting will not be applied.