Your activity feed provides a view of email notifications and other types of engagements with your leads. You can quickly search your activity feed by searching for a specific word, email, or even company domain.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Activity Feed.
- Enter a search word in the search bar and hit Enter on your keyboard to search. You can also view your activity feed using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension (click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the upper right-hand corner of Chrome) or using the HubSpot Sales Windows tray app (click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your PC's tray).
- Select the tabs at the top of your activity feed to see different activity types (for example, all email activity will be stored under the Email activity tab).
Your activity is categorized into the following feeds:
- All activities: see all recent engagement.
- Highlights: see recent engagement by your hottest leads.
- Email activity: see all recent email opens or clicks.
- Lead activity: see your new lead assignments, form submissions, documents viewed, prospect website visits, and meetings booked.
Please note: at this time, it is not possible to restore deleted notifications in your activity feed.
Snippets save you time when composing emails by enabling you to reuse short text blocks when sending emails from contact, company, and deal records. They can also be inserted in email templates, sequences, in messages, or in an Outlook email using the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop extension or a Gmail email using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension.
To create a snippet:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Snippets.
- Click New snippet in the upper right-hand corner.
Once your snippet is created, you can insert it in an email from a CRM record or from Outlook using the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in, in a template, or in a sales message by pressing the pound key ( # ) on your keyboard and selecting your snippet.
TemplatesSimilar to the snippets tool, templates are time-savers when communicating with contacts. However, while snippets are reusable text blocks to insert into emails and messages, templates are reusable emails to send to your contacts.
To create a new template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Templates.
- Choose From scratch to build your own custom template or choose From template library to select a pre-made template.
Once your template is created, you can send them to contacts from a contact, company, or deal record in HubSpot. You can also send them to email recipients using the HubSpot Sales email extension or add-in.
DocumentsWith the documents tool, you can build a library of sales content to share right from your inbox, from a CRM email, or from a template or sequence. You can also see when your contacts interact with your documents and analyze their effectiveness.
MeetingsThe meetings tool integrates with your Google or Office 365 Calendar, allowing you to send
Sequences (Sales Hub Starter and Professional only)
Using sequences, you can set up a series of personalized interactions that will be sent to your contacts over time. Put together your sales email templates and tasks to create a string of correspondence ensuring that you're capturing interested prospects and moving them along your sales funnel.
Prospects (Sales Hub Starter and Professional only)The prospects tool houses information about potential prospects who have viewed your site. Set up daily email digests to stay up to date on prospects who know your brand and visit your website.
Messages (Sales Hub Starter and Professional only)Messages is a live chat feature where you can interact with your site visitors in real-time. When a visitor lands on your site, they can click your messages widget and start chatting with you. You can learn more about them and figure out how your services or products serve their needs.
Workflows (Sales Hub Professional only)Workflows automate your marketing and sales process. You can automate the process behind sending emails, creating tasks, assigning prospects, and more.
Using your sales tools in your email client
- Installing the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, Outlook desktop add-in, or Office 365 add-in
- Connecting your inbox (the host of your email connects with HubSpot)
The sales tools you'll have access to depends on your email environment.
Installing HubSpot Sales in your email
With the HubSpot Sales email extension or add-in, you can log emails to the HubSpot CRM, track emails, and use some of the above tools (such as documents and templates) to send to your contacts right from your inbox without having to go into HubSpot. There are three different extensions depending on your email host and email client:
If you're already using HubSpot Sales in your email, you can start using the sales tools with the Chrome extension or using the sales tools with the Outlook desktop add-in or Office 365 add-in.
Connecting your inbox
Some sales features (such as sequences, the Office 365 add-in, and the send later feature) require a connected inbox. When you connect your inbox with HubSpot, you can send email from CRM records, log incoming replies to your emails in the CRM, and more. A connected inbox is required for sending email from the HubSpot CRM.