You can create custom goals for users or teams based on hundreds of property and aggregation combinations. You can also track and filter these custom goals to measure goal progress based on your goal definitions.
Different subscription tiers have access to different goal measures:
- Sales Hub Starter and Service Hub Professional provide access to only the Revenue goal measure.
- Sales Hub Enterprise provides access to the Calls logged, Deals created, Meetings booked, and Revenue goal measures.
- Service Hub Enterprise provides access to the Average ticket resolution time, Average ticket response time, Revenue, and Tickets closed goal measures.
- You can only create up to 50 custom goals per account. Custom goals can be assigned to any number of users or teams during their creation.
- You cannot use the reporting or forecasting tool with custom goals.
Create custom goals
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Goals.
- In the top right, click Create goal.
- Click Create from scratch.
- Click Next.
- Under the Goal name section, customize your goal with the following criteria:
- Goal name: write a descriptive, actionable, and measurable goal name.
- Object: click the dropdown menu, and select the object type for your goal. After you select the object type, you can add filters. Click Add filters next to Define goal at the top of the screen to add over 20 filters per object.
- Ticket (Service Hub only)
- Custom object
- Property: click the dropdown menu and select a property (e.g. amount, object ID). The property you select will determine the available aggregation types.
- Aggregation type: click the dropdown menu and the select the aggregation type. The aggregation types available will be determined by the property you selected.
- Average: the average of the value for the property
- Min: the lowest value for the property
- Max: the highest value for the property
- Sum: the added total of all values for the property
- Count: the total number of data entries for the property
- Under the Tracking section, click the Tracking method dropdown menu to select your preferred tracking method to measure your goal progress by:
- Higher value is better, lower is worse: increase in goal value is better
- Lower value is better, higher is worse: decrease in goal value is better
- Under the Filters section, you can filter your goal progress by factoring in certain data points based on the object type you selected.
- Click Next.
- To set up goal contributors and duration:
- Under Contributors, select either Users or Teams. Based on your selection, on the Users or Teams dropdown menu, select the users or teams for the custom goal. Team goals can be based on each individual person in the team or the team as a whole.
- On the Duration dropdown menu, select whether you want this custom goal to be measured Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly. Click the checkmark below the dropdown menu to align the duration with your fiscal year settings.
Please note: You cannot add new users or teams to a custom goal once it is created.
- To set up your targets for the year:
- For each user or team you selected, set and edit different values for each month, quarter, or year. If you want to set the same monthly or quarterly goal for the entire year, select the checkbox to the left of a user or team, then click Apply targets.
- In the dialog box, enter a target amount.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Pipeline dropdown menu for each user or team and select a single pipeline or multi-pipeline. If you want to set the same pipeline for every user or team you selected, select the checkbox in the top left of the table, then click Apply pipelines.
- In the dialog box, click the Select pipelines dropdown menu, then select a pipeline.
- Click Apply.
- Click Next.
- To send notifications to users that contribute to the custom goal, select the checkboxes next to the notifications.
Manage custom goals
You can view or edit custom goals after their creation.
- To view a custom goal, hover over the user or team, then click View details. In the right panel, review goal targets, goal timeline, and current progress.
- To edit a custom goal or change the notification setting for reaching a specific goal milestone, hover over the user or team, then click Edit goal.
- In the right panel, make any changes to the contributor's goal values, or click the Notifications tab to edit notification settings.
- When you're done making changes, click Save.