Threading allows you to set up your sequences so that your contacts receive sequence emails in a single conversation rather than creating separate, individual conversations for each email. It gives your contacts context and allows them to see all of their interactions with you in one place.
You can choose to enable threading by default for any sequence or for individual contacts when enrolling them in the sequence.
- Sequences threading is only available with a connected Gmail (G Suite) or Office 365 inbox. The threading feature will override the subject lines in subsequent sequence steps. All emails in the sequence will appear as part of the initial conversation with the same subject line.
- Enrolling a contact into a sequence with threading does not continue from an initial thread you already have with the contact. Enrollment will start a new thread, but all subsequent emails in the sequence will be threaded into that thread.
Enable by default for all contacts
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Sequences.
- Click the name of the sequence you want to edit.
- From the sequence summary page, click Edit.
- At the top of the sequence editor, click the Settings tab.
- Select the Thread follow-up emails as replies to the first email checkbox.
Enable for an individual contact
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact you want to enroll in your sequence.
- Click the Email tab, then click Sequences.
- In the dialog box, hover over the sequence and click select.
- In the upper right of the sequence enrollment window, click the Follow-up options dropdown menu, then select the Enable threading checkbox.
- Click Apply.
- Review your sequence and make any further customization as needed, then click Start sequence at the bottom.
Emails in this sequence will now appear as part of a continuous conversation in this contact's inbox instead of separate email threads. You can expect it to look like threading does in a normal email thread.