Every page and email you create in HubSpot uses content modules to store and display your content. The type of content module you use will vary depending on what kind of content you want to create, store, and display.
You can use a Flexible Column in your template to add additional modules to a column in your template from the content editor instead of the template builder.
The rich text module is the most common content module used in the HubSpot Content tools. It offers the most editing options for your content, like basic word formatting, paragraph styling, images, and links.
Here's what you'll find under the Edit menu in a rich text module.
Undo the most recent change to your content.
Redo the most recent change to your content that you have just undone.
Cut the content you have selected out of the module and save it to your clipboard.
Copy the content you have selected into your clipboard.
Paste the content you have saved in your clipboard into the content module.
Select all the content in the module.
Find and Replace
Search in the content module for a specific word or phrase and replace that word or phrase with different words or phrases.
Here's what you'll find under the Insert menu in a rich text content module.
Insert a link to another page into your content.
Insert a video into your content using the video's URL or embed code for the video.
Insert a Call-to-Action button that is built in the HubSpot Call-to-Action tool into your content.
Insert document link
Insert a link to a file that you have uploaded to your HubSpot File Manager tool into your content.
Insert an image into your content.
Insert personalization (HubSpot Professional and Enterprise)
Insert a contact property personalization token into your content that will automatically change based on the visitors contact property value.
Insert a special HTML character into your content.
Insert a horizontal line break into your content to break up bits of content in the same module.
Insert an anchor tag into your content so that you can link to a specific part of your content.
Insert a nonbreaking space into your content so that you can adjust spacing.
Here's what you'll find under the View menu in a rich text content module.
View the Rich Text editor in full screen.
Displays dotted lines and the type of formatting around a block of content in the Rich Text editor.
Displays symbols next to custom content types such as anchors that do not appear in the published or sent content.
Here's what you'll find under the Style menu in a rich text content module.
Allows you to make changes to the format of selected content.
Allows you to make changes to the font of selected content.
Allows you to make changes to the font size of selected content.
Allows you to make changes to the line height of selected content.
Clears all styling and formatting of selected content.
Here's what you'll find under the Table menu in a rich text content module.
Insert an HTML table into the content module using an interactive editor. Tables are useful for organizing lists or displaying calendars.
You can adjust the properties of the table by clicking inside a table in your content module and then selecting this option from the menu.
You can delete a table by clicking inside a table in your content module and then selecting this option from the menu.
You can use the Cell submenu to:
- Adjust the properties of a cell.
- Merge multiple cells into one cell.
- Split one cell into multiple cells.
You can use the Row submenu to:
- adjust the properties of a row.
- insert a new row before the selected row.
- insert a new row after the selected row.
- delete the selected row.
- cut the selected row out of the table and save it to your clipboard.
- copy the selected row and save it to your clipboard.
- paste a row that is saved to your clipboard before the selected row.
- paste a row that is saved to your clipboard after the selected row.
You can use the Column submenu to:
- insert a new column before the selected column.
- insert a new column after the selected column.
- delete the selected column.
Here's what you'll find under the Tools menu in a rich text content module.
You can use the Source Code tool to directly edit the HTML of the content in your rich text module. This gives you total control over the code behind the content in your module.
You can use the Spellcheck tool to check the spelling of all the text in your rich text module against these languages:
- English (Australian, Canadian, GB, New Zealand, US & South African)
- Portuguese (Portugal & Brazil)
The most commonly used editing options from each menu are available as buttons just below the menus.
The Form content module is the second most common module used in the HubSpot content tools. It is used to capture contact information from visitors to your website. It is available as a module that can be added to content and templates created with Landing Pages, Site Pages, and Blog Pages.
Use the Form content module to:
- Give your form a title on the page.
- Choose which HubSpot form will appear on which page.
- Choose whether to redirect a person that submits the form to another page or to display a thank you message on the same page.
- Override your default form submission notification options from HubSpot settings and send notification emails to specific email addresses when a visitors submits the form.
- Send the visitors that submit the form followup emails.
- Add visitors that submit the form to a Salesforce Campaign. (Requires HubSpot Professional or Enterprise and an existing integration with Salesforce.)
Horizontal Top Menu
You can use the Horizontal Top Menu content module to add navigation to your content and templates. You should add some form of navigation to every non-landing page that you create so that it is easy for visitors to navigate your site.
Vertical Main Menu
You also have the option of using the Vertical Main Menu content module to add navigation to your content and templates.
You can use a Custom HTML content module if you want to have total control over the HMTL code behind the content in your module when editing a page.
You can either insert a call-to-action into a rich text content module or use a call-to-action module when you want to include one in your content. You should use the call-to-action content module if you want to be able to edit the call-to-action without interfering with the formatting of a rich text content module.
One Line of Text
You can use a One Line of Text content module if you have a section of text that is formatted and styled a specific way in your template and you only want to allow the editing of the text.
You can use a Header content module to display a line of text in a larger heading font size.
You can use the Section Header content module to display a very large and centered header to denote an entire section of content in your template.
You can use the Image content module to display an image in your template in a specific place. This is useful if you are formatting or styling an image a specific way in your template, and want to be able to edit the image without changing that formatting.
You can also change:
- The URL people will be taken to when they click the image
- The ALT text of the image
- The height and width of the image
You can use the Image Slider content module to add a sliding gallery of images into your template.
You can customize:
- If the slider auto advances and how quickly it auto advances if it does
- If the slider loops
- If the slider shows pagination
- If the slider retains the size of the tallest image or adjusts to the size of each image
- If you want to include a caption for each image
- If the caption is displayed below the image or superimposed on top of the images
You can use the Logo content module to change the company logo that is used in your content.
You can also change:
- The URL people will be taken to when they click the logo
- The ALT text of the logo
- The height and width of the logo
The Page Footer content module displays the copyright symbol next to the current calendar year and your company name as set in your Content Settings.
You can use the Social Sharing content module to let visitors easily share your content across social media channels and email.
You can use the Follow Me content module to help your visitors get in touch with your company on social media.
You can use the Post Listing content module to display a list of the most recent or most popular blog articles from your HubSpot blog.
You can use the Post Filter content module to display a list of blog articles from a specific topic, month, or author.
Blog Email Subscription
You can use the Blog Email Subscription module to let visitors subscribe to your blog digest emails by filling out a form.
You can use the Google Search content module to add a Google site search to your content.
You can add a Horizontal Spacer content module to your templates to add in blank space that customizes the layout of your content modules.
HubL Module (Advanced)
Designers can use a HubL Template content module to create a custom module for a template layout.
Next Article: How to style your website pages with template builder