If the Automatically create and associate companies and contacts setting is enabled, HubSpot will attempt to match the contact email domain name with a company domain name to associate the two. However, you may also manually associate a contact with a company from either the contact record or, in the CRM, from the company record.
From the contact record
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > All Contacts or, in your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Contacts.
- Click on the name of the contact that you'd like to associate with a company.
- On the contact's record, scroll down to the Contact's Company section.
- Click Add a company.
- Search for the company by name or domain name. If the company does not exist in your account, click the Create a company button to create a new company record.
- Click Select next to the company to add it to the contact record as an associated company.
Please note: you cannot associate a contact with multiple companies.
From the company record
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Companies.
- Click on the name of the company with which you'd like to associate your contact.
- Scroll down to the Contacts at [Company name] section of the record.
- Click Add a contact.
- Search for the contact by name or email address.
- Check the box next to the contact(s) you'd like to add to this company. If the contact you're searching for does not exists, click Create a new contact.
- Click Save.