Snippets are short, reusable text blocks that can be used on contact, company, and deal records; in email templates; and in chat conversations.
The snippets tool allows you to create reusable blocks of texts; if you want to create reusable emails, learn more about the templates tool.
Create a snippet
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Snippets.
- In the upper right corner, click Create snippet.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter a name for the snippet.
- Enter the body of your snippet in the Text Snippet section.
- Use the formatting options at the bottom of the editing window to modify the text.
- To add hyperlinked text, click the link icon link.
- To include personalization tokens in your snippet, click the Token dropdown menu. Learn more about adding personalization tokens to your snippet.
Please note: there is a 500 character limit per snippet.
- Enter a name for the snippet shortcut in the Shortcut section. This shortcut will be used to insert the snippet into an email template, contact/company/deal record, or live chat conversation.
- When you've finished creating your snippet, click Save snippet.
Please note: creating a snippet with curly brackets instead of personalization tokens causes issues with HubSpot's template rendering service. To use placeholder text in your snippet or template, learn how to use a custom text token.
You can also organize your snippets into folders:
- On the Snippets dashboard, click New folder.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for your folder, then click Add folder.
- To move a snippet into a folder, hover over the snippet and click the More dropdown menu, then select Move. In the dialog box, select a folder to move the snippet to, then click Move.
Use snippets to leave notes about prospects in the CRM, quickly pull in important details when writing an email to a prospect, or as quick responses during a live chat conversation. There are two ways to add a snippet:
- Type the # symbol into the text editor. Start typing the snippet shortcut, then select the snippet from the dropdown menu. The snippet will automatically populate in the text editor.
- At the bottom of the text editor, click the snippets icon, then select a snippet from the dropdown menu.
Please note: if you used personalization tokens in your snippet, these tokens will only populate when you use the snippet on the Email tab of a contact, company, deal, or ticket record.You can also insert snippets in emails from your inbox using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension or the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in.