CAPTCHAs are used to identify if a user is human or a bot and prevent spam submissions. If you enable CAPTCHA, Google's invisible reCAPTCHA will appear on your form once the form is added to a site page. Instead of needing to check a box or solve a text/image challenge like traditional CAPTCHA, this invisible reCAPTCHA does not require any action from your contacts. They'll just see a box reading, protected by reCAPTCHA, and everything is automated from there.
To enable CAPTCHA on your HubSpot form:
- Navigate to your forms:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- In your HubSpot CRM or Marketing Hub Starter account, navigate to Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the form name to edit.
- In the Form tab, toggle Captcha (SPAM Prevention) on in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Save at the upper right to save your changes in the form editor, and Publish to take them live on the form.
This is what the reCAPTCHA will look like on your HubSpot form once implemented:
Please note: if you have embedded your HubSpot form on an external page and CAPTCHA is not displaying correctly, confirm your embedded form code is up to date.