In your sales messages personal settings, you can set up how you wish to be notified when a visitor initiates a chat.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Messages, and click Settings in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Notifications in the left sidebar under the Personal section.
- Click the toggle beside the notification option you would like to receive for new messages:
- Sounds: click to toggle the switch on if you'd like to hear a sound when a visitor sends a new message to you.
- Browser push notification: click to toggle the switch on if you'd like to see a notification from your web browser when a visitor sends you a message.
- Browser tab notification: click to toggle the swtich on if you'd like to be able to see the number of new messages in the messages tab of your browser window.
- New message notification: click to toggle the switch on if you'd like to receive an email each time a visitor sends the first message in a new conversation.
- When you're finished selecting your notification options, click Save changes.
Please note: if you have followed the steps above but are not receiving notifications, check out this article to ensure that your browser settings are configured to support push notifications.
If you're offline, you'll still get notified via email that someone is trying to chat. The visitor will see your offline message, and they can enter their email address for you to follow up with them later. To customize your offline message for one of your sales messages:
- Navigate to Sales Tools > Messages.
- Hover over the sales message you wish to edit the offline message for and click Edit.
- Click Offline Message on the left.
- You can type in your message in the Offline Message field. A preview of the offline message will be shown on the right. Click Save changes when you're done.