To map an existing HubSpot property to a new field in Salesforce, you will need to create the field in Salesforce and manually map it in HubSpot. If the field already exists in Salesforce but is just not mapped in HubSpot, skip to Step 2 to create a field mapping.
1. Create the field in Salesforce
- In your Salesforce account, click Setup at the upper right.
- In the left sidebar menu, scroll down to Build, then navigate to Customize > Leads/Contacts/Accounts/Opportunities > Fields.
- If you are using the Salesforce Lightning experience:
- Click the gear icon > Setup at the upper right.
- In the left sidebar menu, select Objects and Fields > Object Manager > select Lead/Contact/Account/Opportunity.
- Click New in the Custom Fields & Relationships section.
- Choose a field type that matches the field type in HubSpot. Click Next.
- Enter a field label, length, and any other necessary fields.
- Choose the Salesforce profiles that can see this field and then select the page layouts on which it should appear.
- Click Save to finish creating the field.
Please note: if you want a field to appear on both leads and contacts in Salesforce, you will need to take this step for both objects and create the field each time with the same name and field type.
2. Create a field mapping in HubSpot
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Integrations.
- Scroll down to Salesforce and click Settings.
- Scroll down to the CRM Objects section, then click Manage mappings on the right of Contacts, Companies, or Deals.
- Click Add new field mapping.
- If your property already exists in HubSpot, select it from the Choose Existing HubSpot Property dropdown.
- To create a new contact property, select Create New HubSpot Property and name your HubSpot property. HubSpot will automatically match the field type and options of your Salesforce field.
- Choose an update rule for how data will move between HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Click Save Mapping.
- In the dialog box that appears, decide whether you'd like to automatically sync your contacts now to update them with the new field mapping (click Sync now) or wait until a sync is triggered for each of them (click Sync later).