HubSpot's social tools allow you to easily manage your social media engagements in one place. Use inbox streams to identify interaction-generating content, respond to social conversations, gather intelligence about new followers, and see social stream matches.
Please note: for all social networks except Twitter, the original social interaction must have been published via HubSpot to be captured by inbox streams. Tweets will be captured even if they were published on Twitter directly.
Filter your inbox streams
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Monitoring tab.
- You'll be redirected to All Activity in your inbox streams. By default, your inbox streams will include all available activity from your connected social media accounts.
- Click the All accounts dropdown menu to filter activity by social accounts. Activity that can be gathered by your inbox streams is dependent on the API limitations of the social network.
|Facebook personal account|
|LinkedIn personal account|
|LinkedIn Company page|
|LinkedIn Group page|
|LinkedIn Showcase page|
- Click the New only dropdown menu to filter activity by new, archived, or all activity. Select the circle on the left of a new activity to archive it.
React and respond to conversations
Conversations are text-based engagements with your social accounts or posts published through HubSpot, such as Twitter mentions and Facebook comments.
- To filter for conversations, navigate to Conversations in the left sidebar menu.
- To react to a post reply or comment, click Retweet (Twitter only) or Like (Facebook and Twitter only) below the reply or comment.
- To reply to a post reply or comment, click Reply. In the text box that appears, enter your reply, then click Reply below.
- To reply to a mention, click into the text box below the mention and enter your reply, then click Reply.
Identify interaction-generating content
Interactions are any "click-like" engagements with your content that has been published via HubSpot, such as retweets, favorites, likes, and +1s. HubSpot will only show interactions that can be associated with a user.
- To filter for interactions, navigate to Interactions in the left sidebar menu.
- Click the number of post reactions to see a list of users who reacted. If a particular post has received many reactions from your audience, you may want to publish more similar content or engage in a conversation with your audience.
Please note: Instagram and Twitter likes will not appear as interactions in inbox streams as their APIs indicate the numbers of likes for a social post, but not the identities of the users who liked it or when the likes occurred.
Learn more about your new Twitter followers
- To filter for new Twitter followers, navigate to New Followers in the left sidebar menu.
- For each new Twitter follower, you'll see their profile information, such as profile picture, Twitter username, and bio.
- To follow a new Twitter follower, click Follow.
- To reach out to a new Twitter follower, click into the text box and enter a message, then click Say hello.
If you click a Twitter user's avatar, name, or username, their Social Profile will appear. This includes the following information:
- If the user is an existing HubSpot contact, their email address and lifecycle stage will appear at the top. Click View HubSpot Contact to open their contact record in a new tab or window.
- If the user is not an existing HubSpot contact, their Twitter username will appear at the top.
- Information pulled from their Twitter profile, such as their bio, location, and followers.
- Recent interactions they've had with your company, such as mentions, retweets, and Twitter stream matches.