Within HubSpot, there are two different ways to automatically send a follow-up email after a form is submitted. If the form is on a HubSpot-hosted page, you can set up a follow-up email within the form options on the page. Alternatively, you can send an email using a Workflow (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users only).
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Landing Pages.
- Hover over the landing page you want to edit and click Edit.
- Click the form module to edit the form options.
- In the Post submit actions section, check the Send a follow up email box.
- Select an existing follow-up email or create a new one:
- Click the Select an email dropdown to choose an existing simple follow-up email that you have already created and published.
Please note: Follow-up emails can only be created via form options on a landing page. If you've created an email in the Email tool, it will not be available from the dropdown for follow-up emails.
You may, however, clone or edit a previously created follow-up email. Go to Content > Email and locate an existing simple follow-up email. Hover over the email and click Clone. Once the cloned simple follow-up email is edited and published, it will be available in the form options on the landing page.
- Click Add new to create a new follow-up email. You will be taken to a separate screen to create and publish your new follow-up email. When finished, return to your landing page and select your newly created email from the dropdown.
- Click Save and go to module list, then click Update to take your changes live.
Please note: the Workflows tool is only available in Professional and Enterprise accounts.
- Create an automated email to send in your workflow.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Name your workflow, select Start from scratch, and then click Create workflow.
- Set your starting condition to be based on form submission:
- Click Set enrollment triggers and select Form submission.
- Choose the form name from the Contact has filled out form dropdown menu.
- Leave any page selected if you'd like to send your enroll contacts who fill out the form anywhere. If you'd like to send the email only to people who have filled out this form on a particular page, choose a page from the second dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Click the plus icon to add an action.
- Select Send email.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the email from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Click Review in the top right corner. Once you review your settings, click Activate to turn on your workflow.