A workflow suppression list is a list of contacts to exclude from your workflow. You can add a suppression list to your workflow in workflow settings.
Please note: suppression lists are currently available for Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts only. If you have a Sales Hub Professional account, you can use goal criteria for workflow suppression.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of the workflow.
- Click the Settings tab and scroll down to Unenrollment & Suppressions.
- Select a list from the Suppression lists for this workflow dropdown.
Adding a suppression list will do one of three things:
- If the contact is not currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list, the contact will not be enrolled in the workflow even if they meet the starting conditions. You will still be able to see these contacts in the workflow's History. The event will indicate that the contact was unenrolled (see screenshot below), even though their enrollment was prevented.
- If the contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list, they will be unenrolled when they reach the next step in the workflow.
- If the contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is not a member of the suppression list at the time you change this setting, but later becomes a member of the suppression list, they will be unenrolled then.
Please note: if a contact leaves the suppression list after having been prevented from enrolling in the workflow (scenario 1 above) or after being unenrolled from the workflow (scenario 2 or 3), the contact will not automatically be enrolled in the workflow even if they still meet the workflow's enrollment triggers at the time they leave the suppression list. Contacts are only enrolled in the workflow at the moment they meet the enrollment triggers or re-enrollment triggers of the workflow.