A Workflow suppression list is a list of contacts you do not want to be included in your workflow. Workflow suppression lists can be found in your workflow's settings.
- Navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click on the name of the workflow.
- Go to the Settings tab and scroll down to the Unenrollment & Suppressions list.
- Select a list from the Suppression lists for this workflow dropdown.
Adding lists to this setting will do one of three things: will
- If the contact is not currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list, the contact will not be enrolled in the workflow even if they meet the starting conditions. You will still be able to see these contacts in the workflow's History. Please note that the event will indicate that the contact was unenrolled (see screenshot below), even though their enrollment was prevented.
- If the contact is already enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the newly added suppression list, they will be unenrolled when they reach the next step in the workflow.
- If the contact is active in the workflow and is not a member of the suppression list when you change this setting but later becomes a member of the suppression list, they will be unenrolled immediately.
Please note: if a contact happens to leave the suppression list after having been prevented from enrolling in the workflow (scenario 1 above) or after being unenrolled from the workflow (scenario 2 or 3), the contact will not automatically be enrolled in the workflow even if they still meet the starting criteria when they leave the suppression list. Contacts are only enrolled in the workflow at the moment they meet the starting criteria or reenrollment criteria of the workflow.