Any organizations you interact with can be saved as a company in HubSpot. The company record is where your team records and retrieves information on the organization and helps everyone in your HubSpot account to stay on the same page. An example of an organization that should be saved as a company record is a company you're offering your services to.
Once you've created a company record, you should consider associating the record to other records, such as contacts, deals, and tickets. This allows you to keep track of the relationships between your objects in HubSpot and allows HubSpot to sync relevant activities between these associated objects.
There are different ways to create companies in HubSpot:
- If you're moving from another CRM with existing companies, you can import them to HubSpot.
- If you're using Salesforce along with HubSpot, you can import accounts as companies via the Salesforce integration.
- HubSpot can also automatically create companies based on your contacts' email addresses and associate the records.
You can also manually create companies:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- In the upper right, click Create company.
- In the right panel, enter the properties of the company.
- Additional fields will appear once you've filled in the company's domain name. By default, these fields are based on the properties in the About section of a company record. Learn how to customize the properties that appear when creating an object manually.
- Once you've filled in the information you have on the company, click Create company at the bottom. If you want to create another company, click Create and add another.
Once you create a company record, you can view it.