Personas are fictional, generalized characters that encompass the needs, goals, and behavior patterns of your customers. The Persona contact property in HubSpot helps you target certain groups and categorize your contacts.
Learn more about generating personas with the Make My Persona tool, or refer to a video lesson about using buyer personas.
To create, edit, or delete personas in HubSpot:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties. By default, contact properties are displayed. If you're viewing another object's properties, click the Select an object dropdown menu, then select Contact properties.
- In the search bar, enter Persona.
- Click the Persona property. In the right panel, you can create, edit, or delete persona options.
- To create a new persona, click add Add another persona. Enter information into the fields about your persona. Only the fields marked with * are required.
- To edit or delete an existing persona, hover over the option and click Edit.
- To edit the persona, edit the information, then click Save.
- To delete the persona, in the bottom right, click Delete. In the dialog box, click Delete persona to confirm. Before deleting a persona, you can bulk edit the Persona property of contacts to remove that option from use.
- Once you're done editing your options, click Save.
When you've created personas, you can filter your contacts by the Persona property in saved views or lists, and use the property in forms or reports.
Please note: when you use the Persona property as a field in your form, the options will not display the description of the persona rather than the name.