Set up tasks to be created when a deal moves from stage to stage.
Please note: to automate tasks on deal stages, you need to either be a Super Admin in your HubSpot account or have admin access in your Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise account.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Hover over an existing sales pipeline and click Edit, or click + Add another pipeline to create a new sales pipeline.
- Click the Automation tab.
- To automatically create a task in a specific deal stage, in the deal stage's column, click + Create workflow.
- In the right panel, click Create task and customize the details of the task:
- Title: give the task a title. If you wish to add a deal token to the title, click the Deal token dropdown menu.
- Due date: click the Immediately radio button or click At a set date to specify a date and time for the task's deadline.
- Email reminder: if you wish to send an email reminder to the task's assignee, click At a set date to specify a date and time for the email send.
- Notes: enter a quick description of what the task entails.
- Type: choose the task's type from the dropdown menu: Email, Call, or To-do.
- Assign Task to: click the dropdown menu to select Deal's existing owner or a Specific user.
- Which owner?: click the dropdown menu to select to use the default Deal owner property, a custom HubSpot user property or a specific user.
- When you're done, click Save.