You can automate lead nurturing by adding follow-up emails to your HubSpot forms. With any HubSpot account, you can add a single follow-up email to the form module on each of your pages. If you have a Marketing Hub Starter, Professional or Enterprise account, you can set up a sequence of up to three follow-up emails, which will be sent when visitors submit the form on any page.
Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can also create contacts-based workflows to send follow-up emails and take other actions based on specific criteria, including form submissions.
Add a single form follow-up email to each page
On each page where your form appears, you can add a single follow-up email to the form module.
Please note: a follow-up email added to a form module will override follow-up email(s) added in the forms tool.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages or website pages.
- Hover over the page with your form and click Edit.
- In the editor, click the form module.
- In the left panel, click to toggle the Send a follow-up email switch on.
- Click the Email dropdown menu and select an existing follow-up email, or click Create new to create a new follow-up email:
- After adding your email content and updating email settings, click Publish. Then click Publish email.
- Return to the page editor. In the form module, click the Email dropdown menu to select your new follow-up email.
- After selecting your follow-up email, click Apply changes.
- In the upper right, click Update to take your changes live.
To edit a follow-up email in a form module:
- Click the Send a follow-up email dropdown menu to select the simple follow-up email you want to edit.
- In the bottom left, click Edit to open the email in a new window.
- Make edits and publish your changes in the marketing email tool.
- Click Edit details to edit the from email address, subject line and preview text of the follow up email.
- Click the Main email body module to edit the text in the email body of your follow up email.
- Click the Settings tab to edit the Internal email name, Subscription type and Campaign.
Schedule up to three follow-up emails for a form on all pages (Marketing Hub Starter, Professional and Enterprise only)
If you have a Marketing Hub Starter, Professional or Enterprise account, you can schedule up to three follow-up emails in the form editor. These emails will be sent to visitors who submit the form on any pages. Please note, however, that if you set a follow-up email in the form module on a specific page, this will overwrite any follow-up emails set at the form-level.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of an existing form, and click Edit to add follow-up emails, or create a new form.
- In the forms editor, click the Follow-up tab. Then click Create follow-up email.
- Customize the details of your follow-up email:
- Subscription type: select a subscription type for your follow-up email.
Please note: if you've enabled your GDPR settings, ensure that the selected subscription type is the same as the subscription type set in your form's GDPR section. If a visitor consents to the subscription type in the form submission, they will be able to receive the follow-up emails.
- From user: click the From user dropdown menu and select a user. This user will be the From name and email address for your follow-up email.
- Subject line: add a subject for the follow-up email.
- Body: add email body text to continue engaging your contact. If you need to customize your email footer:
- Click Edit email footer to edit your company's name and address in your email configuration settings.
- Click Save to apply this footer to your email.
- Click Save.
To add another follow-up email:
- Click the + plus icon.
- Customize the email details.
- Adjust the delay between emails by clicking the hourglass icon delay andand and adjusting the number of days. You can delay follow-up emails for up to 30 days.
- Customize the rest of your form settings, then click Publish in the top right.
Please note: creating a follow-up email will automatically add a CAPTCHA to the form.