Automate lead nurturing by adding follow-up emails to your HubSpot forms. Within the forms tool, you can schedule up to three follow-up emails for a specific form. Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users and CMS users can add one follow-up email in the form module within the page editor.
Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can set up a contacts-based workflow to send a follow-up email based on specific criteria.
Schedule up to three follow-up emails for a form
You can schedule up to three follow-up emails for contacts to receive after a form submission. These emails can be added, edited, and published within the forms tool.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of an existing form to add follow-up emails, or create a new form.
- In the forms editor, click the Follow-up tab. Then click Create follow-up email.
- Customize the details of your follow-up email:
- Subscription type: select a subscription type for your follow-up email.
Please note: if you've enabled your GDPR settings, ensure the subscription type you select for the follow up emails is the same as the subscription type set in your form's GDPR section. When your visitor consents to the subscription type in the form submission, they can receive the follow up emails.
- From user: click the From user dropdown menu and select a user. This user will be the From name and email address for your follow-up email.
- Subject line: add a subject for the follow-up email.
- Email body: add email body text to continue engaging your contact. If you need to customize your email footer:
- Click Edit email footer to edit your company's name and address in your email configuration settings.
- Click Save to apply this footer to your email.
- Click Save.
To add another follow-up email:
- Click the + plus icon.
- Repeat the steps above to edit the email details.
- To adjust the delay between emails, click the hourglass icon delay to adjust the number of days. You can delay follow-up emails for up to 30 days.
- After customizing the rest of your form settings, click Publish.
To edit follow-up emails for forms, click the pencil icon edit in the upper right. Changes to your emails are published within the forms tool.
Please note: creating a follow-up email will automatically add a CAPTCHA to the form.
Add one follow-up email to a form module in the page editor
You can add one simple follow-up email to a form module in the landing page or website page editor. This feature is available for HubSpot's CMS and Marketing Hub Basic (Legacy), Professional, and Enterprise.
Please note: a follow-up email added to a form module will override follow-up email(s) added in the forms tool.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages or website pages.
- Hover over the page with your form, then click the Actions dropdown menu and select Edit.
- In the editor, click the form module.
- In the left side panel under Post submit actions, select the Send a follow-up email checkbox.
- Click to toggle the Send a follow-up email switch on.
- Click the Email dropdown menu and select an existing follow-up email, or click Add new to create a new follow-up email:
- After adding your email content and updating email settings, click Publish. Then click Publish email.
- When you're done, return to the page editor with your form module. Click the Email dropdown menu to select your new follow-up email.
- After selecting your follow-up email, click Save and go to module list.
- In the upper right, click Update to take your changes live.
To edit a simple follow-up email in a form module:
- Click the Send a follow-up email dropdown menu to select the simple follow-up email you want to edit.
- In the bottom left, click Edit to open the email in a new window.
- Make edits and publish your changes in the marketing email tool.