Google Contacts is a contact management tool that allows you to organize, review, and merge your contacts in Google. Learn more about how to connect Google Contacts to HubSpot using data sync.
Connect the integration
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar, then select App Marketplace.
- Search for and select Google Contacts.
- In the upper right, click Install app.
- In the pop up window, click Install app.
- In the dialog box, log into your Google account.
- Review the requested access permissions, then click Allow. You'll then be redirected back to the app page in your settings.
- Click Set up sync to set up your sync rules, or Do this later to set them up at a later time.
Configure your sync settings
After connecting Google Contacts, you will need to configure your settings and turn the sync on to begin syncing data between the two integrations.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Google Contacts.
- Click Set up your sync.
- On the Choose an object to sync page, select Contact sync. It is only possible to sync contacts with this integration.
- Click Next.
Set up your sync rules
- In the Choose which records sync section, decide how you want data to sync from HubSpot to your other app, and vice versa. There are four separate sync options you can configure:
- Two-way sync: all new and updated object information will be synced between the two apps. For records that already exist in both platforms, their properties will be merged. To configure this sync option, select All contacts from each dropdown menu.
- One-way sync from HubSpot to your other app: to configure this option, click the external app dropdown menu and select No contacts, then click the HubSpot dropdown menu and select All contacts.
- One-way sync from your other app to HubSpot: to configure this sync option, click the external app dropdown menu and select All contacts, then click the HubSpot dropdown menu and select No contacts.
- Use sync filters: to use this sync option, select a sync filter from each dropdown menu. The following sync filters in Google Contacts have specific rules:
- Contacts Folder is on/is off: this filter syncs only contacts in the Contacts folder in Google Contacts, and will not sync contacts in the Other contacts or Trash folders.
- Starred Contacts is on/is off: this filter syncs only contacts that have been starred in Google Contacts.
Please note: the sync filters limit the scope of the sync but do not add contacts or companies to a list with that filter.
Learn more about configuring your other sync settings.
Customize your field mappings (Operations Hub Starter, Professional or Enterprise only)
The Google Contacts integrations has 11 default mappings that cannot be edited. Learn how to add a new field mapping. Also, keep in mind the following limitations for the Google Contacts integration:
- The phone number that is listed first in Google Contacts in the Phones property will map to the Phones property in HubSpot. Any additional phone numbers in Google Contacts will not sync unless they are labelled as Mobile or Fax, in which case they will sync with the Mobile Phone Number and Fax Number in HubSpot respectively.
- Existing custom text fields in Google Contacts cannot be synced to HubSpot.
- Labels in Google Contacts cannot be synced with HubSpot properties.
- It is not possible to sync the Owner property between HubSpot and Google Contacts at this time.
Resolve sync errors
Google Contacts has a limit of 25,000 unique contacts, including contacts in the Other contacts and Trash folders. The maximum size of an individual contact is 128KB. If you see the error Storage quota exceeded, follow these steps to resolve it:
- Empty the Trash and Other contacts folder.
- Delete any duplicate or unwanted contacts.
- Amend individual contacts so that they are below the size restriction of 128KB.
Learn more about other sync errors that you might encounter.