The HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings is a Zoom App that enables you to connect directly to HubSpot from within a live Zoom meeting. This allows you to view the meeting participants’ contact records, see information from associated records, and create and associate notes to the call record from within Zoom.
Please note: the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings is an in-meeting app. This is different from the HubSpot-Zoom integration.
Zoom also requires the following scopes in order to connect:
- View your meetings/meeting:read
- View your user information/user:read
- Enable Zoom App within Zoom Meeting Client/zoomapp:inmeeting
If you're unable to view the Zoom Apps button in your Zoom meeting window, speak with your account admin.
Install the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings
- Navigate to https://marketplace.zoom.us/
- Search for HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings and click Install.
- You’ll be redirected to the Zoom login page.
- Enter your Zoom credentials and click Sign In.
- Review the necessary permissions and click Authorize.
Use the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings
- Start a Zoom meeting.
- Click the Apps icon.
- In the My Apps tab, search for HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings.
- Click the app.
- Click Log in to log into your HubSpot account.
- Select the HubSpot account that you want to sync the Zoom call to.
Once you have the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings open during the Zoom call, you’re able to view all participants in the Zoom call and create contact records for them, associate records to the call, and create notes during the call. You can also add participants to the HubSpot App.
Add other participants to the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings (BETA)
If you are a meeting participant, you will need to request co-host permission to use the HubSpot App.
- Click the contactDuplicate parpparticipparticipants tab
- Click Request co-host permission.
- This will send the meeting host a prompt to grant you permissions.
If you are the host of the meeting, you can add other meeting participants to the HubSpot App so they can use all the features:
- You will receive a prompt when a meeting participant requests to be a co-host.
- In the Zoom meeting controls, click Participants.
- Hover over the name of the participant who is going to be a co-host, and choose More.
- Click Make Co-Host.
- Once a participant has been made a co-host, they can use all the features of the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings.
View a participant's contact record
- Click the contactDuplicate parpparticipparticipants tab to view all participants in the call.
- Click Map next to a participant’s name to associate their HubSpot contact record to the Zoom call.
- In the Create new tab, create a new contact record if a record doesn't exist.
- Enter the contact’s email address, first name and last name.
- Click Create contact.
- On the Add existing tab, select the suggested contact record. Or, click the Search for a contact dropdown menu to search for a specific contact record.
- Click Save.
Associate the call with a company, deal, or ticket record
- Click the objectAssociations associations tab to associate the call with any existing company, deal, or ticket record in your account.
- Click Add in the record section.
- In the Add Existing section, click the Search dropdown menu and select the record to associate the call to.
If any of the sections are greyed out, your account's administrator will need to give you permissions to edit the object record.
Create and associate notes
- Click the edit edit tab.
- Enter the note and click Save.
The note will be saved to the call record.
After the Zoom meeting has ended, it will be saved to the call index page where you can review the call, its associated records, and the notes that were taken during the meeting.
- Click the bulletList playbooks tab.
- Click the dropdown menu and select the contact you want to associate the playbook with.
- Select the playbook and enter any content.
- Click Log call to log the call and its associated playbook to the contact record.
Uninstall the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings
To uninstall the HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings from your Zoom client:
- Log into your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage, then click Installed Apps. Or, search for HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings in the search bar.
- Click HubSpot App for Zoom Meetings.
- Click Uninstall.