1. Make a list of contacts to delete
To delete a segment of your contacts, create a list of such contacts. To learn how to make a static or smart list, click here.
Some examples of a type of list that would be useful to delete are:
- An old list of contacts from a trade show in which you since have an updated version
- A list of employees who no longer work at your company
- A list of contacts who are no longer customers
2. Click on the list that you want to delete
Navigate to Contacts > Lists, then select the list you'd like to delete by clicking on the name of the list.
3. Delete your list
On the top left-hand side, click Actions > Delete list. This will delete your list but not the contacts in the list, so the contacts will remain in your HubSpot contact database.
4. Delete contacts in your list
To delete contacts within the list without deleting the list itself, check the boxes next to each contact (or the checkbox at the top to select all contacts) then choose Delete at the top. This will delete the contacts from your list as well as from your HubSpot contact database.