There may be instances where prospects or customers try to book a meeting for one time but receive a booking confirmation for a different time.
For example, your prospect tries to book a 15-minute meeting with you on 2/3/17 at 10 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time), but receives an email confirmation that they booked a time with you on 2/3/17 at 3 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) instead. In this case, your prospect is seeing the confirmation time in an unexpected format/timezone.
This error is triggered by Google:
- A prospect books a time with you via HubSpot meetings.
- HubSpot meetings confirms the event on your Google Calendar.
- Your Google Calendar sends a confirmation to the prospect.
- Most likely, that prospect is using an email service provider like Hotmail or Yahoo. Google tries to identify the timezone of that prospect based on their email address, but can’t detect it, and ends up defaulting to the standard of UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
- The prospect receives a confirmation for their appointment in UTC.