If you've connected your Google or Outlook Calendar to HubSpot, you can sync tasks to appear on your calendar. With this setting turned on, any new task you create in HubSpot will appear as a 15-minute event at the task's due date and time. The event will also include any associated records and task notes.
Only users with an assigned paid seat of Sales Hub or Service Hub can sync tasks to their calendar.
Please note: the task calendar sync is one-way, except for deleted tasks. If you edit a task in HubSpot, it will be updated on your calendar, but if you delete a task in HubSpot, it will not be deleted from your calendar. Additionally, if you edit or delete a task on your calendar, it will not sync back to HubSpot.
Before you can set up the task calendar sync, you need to complete the following steps:
- Be assigned a paid seat of Sales Hub or Service Hub.
- Turn on HubSpot’s calendar sync with Google or Outlook Calendar.
- Create and connect a subcalendar to HubSpot. For example, you can create an additional calendar within your Google or Outlook Calendar called HubSpot Tasks.
Please note: the task sync feature is only available to accounts with Sales Hub or Service Hub Starter as of March 3rd, 2020. Depending on the type of calendar you use, learn how to add a subcalendar on Google Calendar or add a subcalendar on Outlook Calendar.
Sync tasks to your calendar
Once you’ve set up HubSpot's calendar sync and created your subcalendar, set up the task calendar sync:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to General.
- Click the Calendar tab.
- Ensure the Calendar Sync checkbox is selected. Then, click the Connect your calendar dropdown menu and select the calendar where your tasks will appear. If you don't see the calendar you'd like to select, refresh the page.
Any new tasks you create in HubSpot will now appear on the selected subcalendar within your Google or Outlook Calendar as events. The events will indicate that you are busy during that time. Existing tasks created prior to connecting a task calendar will not be synced.
Please note: tasks created in the campaigns tool will also not be synced to the Google or Outlook Calendar.
Disconnect a subcalendar
If you've already connected a subcalendar to sync tasks from HubSpot, you can disconnect the calendar to stop syncing tasks.
Newly created tasks will no longer sync from HubSpot to the previously selected calendar.
- On the Calendar tab, you can view which subcalendar is connected. To remove the connection, click Disconnect task calendar.
- Click Save.
Use tasks on your calendar
Once you've set up the task calendar sync, you can view and access HubSpot tasks from your Google or Outlook Calendar.
- To view the details of a task on your calendar, click the calendar event. In the event details, view any associated records and task notes.
- To view a record associated with the task, click the name of the record. A new tab will open to the task on the associated record.
- To view the task in HubSpot, click View Task. A new tab will open to the task's details.
Learn more about using tasks in HubSpot.