If you have never previously assigned your Contacts to Companies, the HubSpot CRM can automatically detect Companies based on the email addresses associated with your existing records.
Please note: If you are integrated with Salesforce, then the auto-generation feature will not be prompted.
To have HubSpot CRM automatically generate Companies based on your existing Contacts:
1. Navigate to Companies in your HubSpot Sales account.
2. If you see a prompt to 'Find companies automatically', do the following:
- Click on the button to 'Find Companies'. The HubSpot CRM will detect Companies based on the email addresses associated with your existing Contacts. For example, if you have several Contacts with @fifthseasonadventure.com email addresses, then the CRM would create a Company named Fifth Season Adventure for your account and assign these Contacts to the Company.
- After the CRM determines Companies for your Contacts, it is recommended to edit those Companies and add any relevant properties that were not detected.
- Within the Sales product, navigate to Settings > click Companies from the left side menu.
- Click the switch to blue to Automatically create and associate companies with contacts.
- This will begin creating company records from associated contacts in your CRM contact database. Please give this process some time to run and create company records.