In your conversation settings, you can set up how you wish to be notified when a visitor initiates a chat or sends an email.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- On the left, navigate to Conversations > Notifications.
- Here, you can customize the following:
- Sounds: click to toggle the switch on to hear a sound when a visitor sends a new chat message. These sound notifications will only be available when your inbox is open in your browser window.
- Browser tab notification: click to toggle the switch on to see the number of new messages in the inbox tab of your browser window.
- Click Save.
To disable all notifications or specific notifications for incoming threads, you can do so in your Profile & Preferences:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In the Assign section, click Advanced preferences.
- Clear the specific notification checkboxes to disable individual notifications for new, reassigned, or unassigned conversations.
If no one is online and available to respond to an incoming chat thread, these conversations will be located in the Unassigned view in the conversations inbox.
To receive notifications via the Slack integration, in your notification preferences, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot Integrations. Then select the checkbox(es) next to the assignments you want to be notified of in your Slack channel.
Please note: if you have followed the steps above but are not receiving notifications, ensure that your browser settings are configured to support push notifications.