In your conversation settings, you can set up how you wish to be notified when a visitor initiates a chat or sends an email.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- On the left, navigate to Conversations > Notifications.
- Here, you can customize the following:
- Sounds: click to toggle the switch on to hear a sound when a visitor sends a new message to you.
- Browser tab notification: click to toggle the switch on to see the number of new messages in the inbox tab of your browser window.
- When you're done, click Save.
If you would like to enable push or email notifications for all incoming threads, you can do so in your Profile & Preferences:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > Assign.
- Select the checkbox to customize which notifications you would like to receive and how you would like to be notified.
If no one is online and available to respond to an incoming chat thread, these conversations will be located in the Unassigned view in the conversations inbox.
To receive notifications via the Slack integration, in your notification preferences, click the Integrations tab. Then select the checkboxes next to the assignments you want to be notified of in your Slack channel.
Please note: if you have followed the steps above but are not receiving notifications, ensure that your browser settings are configured to support push notifications.