When you send an email from the CRM through a connected inbox, the From address defaults to your user email address. You can connect more than one inbox to HubSpot if there are other email addresses you want to send emails from, or you can send from an email alias that has been set up in your inbox.
Please note: for this to happen automatically, you must add the alias to your Gmail account before connecting your inbox.
If you connected your inbox using Office 365 or IMAP and want to send emails from an alias, the alias must be added to your Profile & Preferences in HubSpot:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- Select Security in the left sidebar menu.
- In the Email Aliases section, click Add email address.
- Enter the email address you'd like to connect, then click Save.
To send an email using your newly connected email address:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact.
- In the left panel, click email Email.
- In the email composer window that opens, click the From dropdown menu and select your email alias.