Requirements of the HubSpot Salesforce integration
To be able to integrate HubSpot and Salesforce, you must:
- Be using either HubSpot Marketing Professional, HubSpot Marketing Enterprise, or HubSpot Sales Professional
- Be using either Salesforce Professional, Enterprise or Unlimited (not a trial account)
- Have top-level Salesforce administrator privileges (if on Salesforce Professional Edition)
- Have top-level Salesforce administrator privileges OR full object-level and full-field-level security permissions (if on Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited Edition)
General expectations before you begin
In addition to the requirements listed above, we've outlined some general expectations for setting up this connector. Please review the below before proceeding with the instructions:
- You should have at least a basic understanding of how the HubSpot integration with Salesforce works in order to specify how the Connector should be configured.
- You will be taken to Salesforce as part of the installation process. Expect to switch back and forth between these instructions and Salesforce for part of the integration process.
- You only have a certain number of API Calls (the technology that allows HubSpot and Salesforce to exchange data, which you can read more extensively about here) per day. You should be aware of your limit. As a rule of thumb, a single Contact sync can take up to 4 API calls per record, but this can vary.
- To connect multiple HubSpot portals to one Salesforce account, you'll need to go through this wizard in each portal.
- HubSpot will only work with one instance of Salesforce; while you can use two instances of HubSpot with one instance of Salesforce, the connector only allows one instance of Salesforce to connect to your HubSpot account.
- If you want to install a Sandbox version of the Connector, be sure to check the box on the following page and read more about integrating with a Sandbox environment here.