In order to control which contacts sync to Salesforce from HubSpot you must create an Inclusion List within HubSpot. An Inclusion List is a list of contacts that you want to allow to sync with Salesforce. To create this type of list:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Contacts > Lists.
- Select the New list button in the top right corner of the screen (or select an existing Smart List).
- If creating a new list, select Smart List and provide the criteria for the contacts you wish to include in the list, then click Create list.
- Once you have opened the list you would like to use, click on the More button at the top, and select Limit Salesforce Sync to this list. Keep in mind that this will not automatically cause the list to sync; you will need to click Resync list with Salesforce in order to trigger a sync of the list members.
- You can easily identify which list is your inclusion list on the Contacts > Lists screen by looking for the list with a green integration icon.
Please keep in mind that you can only have one Inclusion List within HubSpot, and only the contacts on that list will continue to sync from HubSpot to Salesforce. If the auto-add functionality is enabled, new records in Salesforce will be created in HubSpot, but if they do not meet the Inclusion List criteria, they will not sync again until they have been edited in HubSpot to meet the criteria.
Read more about how to set up your Inclusion List from our Salesforce Integration User Guide here.