Sales reps often spend much of their day doing CRM administration — creating contacts and companies, logging tasks to follow up on, creating opportunities. Now you can use HubSpot Workflows to automate your deal and task creation.
Take a look at the instructions below to learn how to create a deal or task with your workflow:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Contacts > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- Name your workflow > select Standard as the workflow type > click Create a new workflow.
- Decide on and set your enrollment criteria. Click Save to save your starting conditions.
- Click the + button below the starting condition you created.
- In the menu that appears, choose Create a deal: this will allow you to assign a HubSpot owner, name the deal, choose a Pipeline, deal stage, close date, and amount.
- Or, from the same dropdown menu that appears when adding a new action, choose Create a task: this will allow you to set status, due date, owner, and description.
- Click Save. (Add any other actions/delays as necessary for your workflow.)
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the ON/OFF switch in the upper-righthand corner. From the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings and click Turn workflow on to activate your workflow.
What are some common customer use cases for creating a deal or task?
- Auto-creating a new Task to follow up in a few days when a deal changes stages
- Auto-creating a Task or Deal when you import a new list of contacts
- Auto-creating a new Deal when a contact or prospect fills out a particular form, such as a 'Request a Demo' or 'Start a Trial' form
- Auto-creating a Task for a rep to follow up with a contact or lead who views your pricing page, clicks a certain CTA, or views a webinar.